PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas passes baton to Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2005, 13:26
Wun Wing Lo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vorsicht again you seem to take everything so personally... from one post you instantly know what i think and what my background is.... what is amusing is how wrong you actually are.

However wether i am cadet, military or ga is unimportant. I love how people tend think these things are important when they can't think of anything to counter reasoned argument.

Airlines have operated for years paying these salaries. Like most things what is happening in the airline industry is happening in the general population.. Comapanies are looking to raise profits and for most CEO's the instant solution is to cut costs.

Look at the current industrial relations laws.

What are you claiming that all or most pilots who work for QF are lazy inefficient and elitist. You seem to know what the attitude is of the average QF pilot. This sort of stereotype is nothing short of usual crap piled on any group.

Dont you worry if you were ever involved an industrial dispute the public would not be seeing you as the little aussie battler. But an overpaid glorified bus driver, as they would us.

And you seem to be so knowledgable on the skill level of the QF drivers and seem to imply that i am not. How many QF guys have you flown with then?

As to my rather inflamatry remark on making the cut.... I am kind of amazed more people weren't set off by it... I guess most saw it for what it was ... ok a few may have crashed and burned in the interview .... but just becuase you didnt get in dont make you any better or worse that the guys who did get in... just not as competitive as those you were up against on that day when measured against what QF were looking for. Yes there is nepotism, cadets who think they know it all, air force guys who think they know it all, obnoxious GA guys etc. The point I was trying to make is that for whatever reason, a few of these guys who didnt get in are making it their mission to attack QF and its employees at every opportunity.

Oh and I love the cliche's your ilk like to post.... sheltered workshop? Sheltered from what and by whom? .... doing the "hard yards" ... the problem with that is there is always someone who has done it harder than you.. sounds like a good VB ad tho.... i mean the beer.... are you going to step aside when someone proves they did it harder.

One to One integration ... your dreamin' arent you.... i am just estimating here but on that proposal just about ever J* driver would end up in the top half or third of that list. And your giving others lectures about taking shortcuts and not doing the hard yards. How about all the Eastern guys go one for one through your seniority first... hey?

For all your crap about helping out the GA guy... how many proposals have you put forward to your management to hand your job over to someone in GA?

I think your confused .... are you an employee, a shareholder or the CEO? Why dont you live at home with mum and dad and work for free... then they could sell the tickets real cheap.... ah now i get it your really a passeneger.

Price elasticity is what determines how much is charged and competition. Simple excercise... have a look at any given day at the airlines respective sites and compare what tickets sell for. and who is sold out.

As for duty times i think it strange that someone who only hears second hand griping thinks they know all about long haul flying. You seem to think that working flat out day in and day out is efficient. I would call it dangerous. There is an added element of flying across large time zones and CAO 48 limits arent the only consideration. There is a project under way that is going to quantify it.

And before you get too smug it doesnt take much for dramatic change to occur in this industry... Look at the other LCC Australian... how is seniority going to go when you take them over?

But I guess all of this is a waste of time... becuase you know everything about everything and if you hear something you dont like you put your hands over your ears, close your eyes and stamp your feet chanting how awful QF is.