PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I quit.....
Thread: I quit.....
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2005, 09:17
squibbler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeeeesuuss!

Anyone go out there with kids? I am trying to work out whether or not I need a study permit for my kids to attend school.

CIC Canada......need I say more?

I'm going out there on a work permit. CIC say I need a study permit for my kids to attend elementary school. They're still kindergaten age but my eldest is 6 next year so can attend elementary from September. Now based on the fact I'll be there when she "comes of age" here's the problem - from the CIC website:

A minor child already in Canada is authorized to study without a Study Permit (except for a child who is accompanying their parents who are temporary residents within the visitor class). Note that it is only once a child is in Canada that the Study Permit exemption applies: minor children outside of Canada must apply for a Study Permit if they are coming to Canada to study.
Now on a work permit am I a temporary resident within the visitor class? Or do I come under a "worker class" or something similar.

paperwork!!

Perhaps I should just put in for Permanent Residency Status when I get there and hope it comes through in time!!