PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas passes baton to Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2005, 05:57
pondoklabu

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok gentlemen time for a very deep breath all of you. For the record I don't work for Qantas, I am just a simple expat pilot making a living overseas, but here is my small take on all of this.

To all the Qantas pilots, stay focused and united you all work for a fantastic airline with a very proud and deserved history, but the jetstar pilots are just trying to survive, they have jumped from being cannon fodder to players and a lot of them still have there heads spinning, they are growing so fast they need help and guidance not ridicule.

To the Jetstar pilots, look you have to understand allot of what you say and write is very antagonistic especially to other pilots and not just Qantas pilots that are fighting for there careers, there are thousands of Australian expat pilots that are working overseas that would love to come home to a good job in a secure industry, please be very careful you are not just setting a new standard for Australian pilots but all future pilots who haven't even thought about becoming a pilot yet.

You may not know it but you are worth allot more than you think, listen to your Qantas piers you may just have the same ideals, you just don't know yet because of all the mud throwing.

I hope some of this makes sense, but I am not holding my breath