PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Unsafe ?? I don't think so
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2005, 23:11
bear11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's not throw smoke bombs here, lads - I never commented on the Ryanair memo, it strikes me though as an over the top version of what people in other industries have to cope with. It's either legal or it isn't, but still doesn't excuse it, and it amazes me that cabin crew will pay to train for a company when they know they will be treated like this once trained.

GGV, what I was saying earlier is that there is life outside Ryanair, IALPA, and aviation - and anyone familiar with what has happened when the big American companies came to Ireland will back this up. You should educate yourself about the deal which was done between unions here, government and the companies, and if you think that all this will be wound back just to suit IALPA and Ryanair pilots, you have a painful fight ahead. And why throw smoke bombs about SIPTUs annoyance at the exploitation of labour (which is correct), and try and tie it in to Ryanair and ALPA?

Stress (in my opinion, as you rightfully point out) is a flaky argument whoever uses it, apart from being a great excuse if you screw up. And I sincerely hope also the IAA will pay attention to your third point if Ryanair are unwilling or unable to.