PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2005, 15:14
MyData
Fixed+Rotary (aircraft, not washing lines)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blimey. Nothing for days then a storm of postings!

Mazzy - referring to your earlier post:

"ATC asked us if we could wait an hour, as there were two other aircraft in the circuit, so we complied" - I read that as meaning that you were IN the circuit and had to wait an hour. That's a LOT of orbits ;-)

whereas...

"bearing in mind we were RW27 left hand" ... then when the controller said something along these lines "Go around with immediate RIGHT turn to join late downwind - I will call you back......"

So you joined up late downwind for R27 Right Hand? Is that what was intended by the instruction?

jwf

"except me managing to nearly get us lost on the taxiway!" - been there, done that. Get a copy of AFE or Pooleys and learn the taxiways by heart - I always carry a copy of Leeds, Humberside etc. with me just in case.

I had great fun at Sywell - all grass. No nice yellow line to follow. Makes for a interesting change.

No flying for me for a few weeks now. I cancelled my lesson yesterday as I had a cold and headache and DID NOT want to repeat any of the bad feelings that can happen when in the sky and not 100%. I guess that the weather would have canned things anyway.