PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The "Day in the life of a pilot" thread.
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2005, 14:22
RYR-738-JOCKEY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What surprises me is that nobody is mentioning the fact that getting to be an airline pilot is not something you choose to become. It is something you get to be after years of sacrifice, if you are lucky and persistent. And everybody seems to forget that it is not a question of airline pilot versus doctor or lawyer or whatever else..There is a huge span of different occupations within the title pilot. You can end up as an instructor flying singles, or flying post in a twin, doing mapping/scanning of the landscape in a Navajo, firefighting in F-27's, and some guys end up flying fighters and that is as easy as becoming a Formula 1 race driver.
And my story does not differ from the rest, I was very lucky after years of sending thousands of resumes to get that interview.

But the good thing about this is that if you really, REALLY think that you are keen enough after reading the above...then I would say you have a good cance of reaching your goal and you have taken the first step in the right direction.
Good luck!