PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas passes baton to Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2005, 14:03
Wun Wing Lo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow... you can really tell the guys that still have a chip on their shoulder bout not making the cut.... oh well at least some will let them pay their way into a job.

Of course they never applied because of how stuck up etc QF pilots are...

most of us are good blokes just getting on with the job... as i suspect most of the J* and VB guys are too.

i guess some are just too slow to realise that if the QF guys get knocked off their perch the upward pressure on their own wages will vanish.

When this all started the general opinion was that J* and VB were grossly underpaid. Now their seems to be a push to make it look as though the QF guys are grossly overpaid and the fools with the inferiority complex are helping to push that idea.

I can just see it now.... J* pilots refuse paycut and slash wages by 25 % becuase they believe they make too much.

Or is overpaid defined as anyone who gets more than you do.

Wake up... although were not exactly on the same side we do have enough common interest to NOT work against each other. Wouldnt it be more sensible for you guys to be saying... Well actually the QF scale is about right... we should be where they are. It would work for all of us... you guys have a push for higher pay and we take some of the pressure of our pay to go down.

For all managements talk about concern for the long term viability of our respective companies how many of them are facing a pay cut?

But unfortunately some are more interested in carrying on vendetta's becuase they have wounded ego's. I suspect these are the guys who continually let everyone know how good they are and what they do.