PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA considers quitting shorthaul-BBC
View Single Post
Old 18th Dec 2001, 22:44
Super Stall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peter Skellan et al,

Yet again on a BA thread it would appear some of those with the most to rant about have little, if anything, to do with the company - But hey, everybody is entitled to their view.

For what its worth I'm just a simple airman me, I enjoy my flying, I get paid well for doing it, excellent allowances, just the right amount of time off, AND I get on very well with the cabin crew thankyou very much.

Apparently there is a building near Heathrow, too many people in it not pulling their weight and costing too much.

I don't care, never even been there. Head in the sand ?. Maybe, but I leave the politics to the people who thrive on that sought of thing and to the rather talented people on the BA company council, who seem to have a flair for it.

'from the outside they look increasingly rubbish to work for' - Well from the inside they look pretty good I can tell you, though not without their faults.

'I would never apply to BA' - Well don't then. I'm only here through fate and the fact that I would'nt mind flying long haul at some stage (cant do that at a low cost operator, YET). There are lots of companies I would choose not to work for, but I dont feel the need to post the fact.

I'm a long way down the seniority list, under the current strategic review I may even lose my job, oh well timing is everything as they say, I probably got in a bit too late. But at the moment its all just speculation and I'll just keep turning up, and enjoy my flying, not much else I can do you see. But to all those who think just because the company is going through a rough patch its all doom and gloom I can assure you BA is a very good company to work for, just so long as you're a pilot not a politician.

I just can't understand why some of you who dont work for BA feel the need to get so worked up about BA's problems. Aspirations fadeing perhaps.... ?

[ 18 December 2001: Message edited by: Super Stall ]