PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UASs CUT
Thread: UASs CUT
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2005, 10:56
Trainspotter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazing...

Once again Beagle has hit the nail on the head…and now that Wholigan has filled in some of the detail that has been lacking with regard to the C to I scheme words simply fail me…

I joined the AEF to give back a little of the enjoyment that I gained from my 20 years in the Service. Even if only one or two of the numerous cadets I have flown are sparked into considering the RAF as a career then everyone is a winner.

Now, the Service that I knew and loved turns more daily into a management speak exercise and those that run it clearly need to learn some fundamental lessons. As they say up here ‘there is ‘owt for nowt in this world’ so please how can people be expected to give up significantly more of their precious free time, put themselves under the professional microscope again on a frequent basis and yet not even be remunerated? ( and hand on heart who can really maintain quality QFI standards on 20 hours a year?)

For such basic and flawed assumptions to have been made only adds to the weight of suspicion that this whole exercise has been driven by individuals with their own sad agenda…and if there is a spot of truth in one rumour I have heard then I guess this is the penalty of allowing non-aircrew 2* officers fiddle with things purely because their time on a UAS was felt to be non-PC towards blunties.

This thread runs to several pages now and yet nowhere have I seen anyone give an estimate of just how much this ill-thought out staff work is going to save….from a budget that let’s face gave the RAF a super recruiting machine for what in the big scheme of things was not much outlay.

Ah well, where is that tax credits form that I forgot to fill out…