PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From Zero to Forty Five - my PPL Diary
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2005, 09:36
Lister Noble

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After checking out a few local places I have picked an excellent training school,very professional,good ground school and well maintained PA28-180 aircraft.
I am also frustrated by the weather,I book well ahead, six lessons between Friday and Sunday hoping to get some flying in but had five lessons cancelled last weekend and two this Friday,although I did manage to get nearly four hours in over this weekend.
I do notice it if I miss a week it takes me a while to get back in the slot, I have thought about training abroad but all my pilot friends say it is not a race,so enjoy it here even if it is frustrating.
Anyway this is the weather we are going to get when we eventually have our liceneces so we have to get used to it.
I started in August and have now done 17 hours,passed Air Law and Human Performance , doing some good landings and about ready for the solo,I had thought I would do the solo before this but the weather and of course my progress have got in the way.
Asking around there does not seem to be an exact time for solo,anything between 10 and 20 hours seems to be the going rate although some take longer ,age has quite an effect and I'm 62 so maybe that's why it is taking me a a bit more time?
Lister