PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UASs CUT
Thread: UASs CUT
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2005, 09:34
Uncle Ginsters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wholigan,
Time may tell - and so hopefully will the meeting on Wednesday. Although i think we'd better check our sources - i too thought it was at CWL...better cx as me + 1 from our unit were planning to be there!!

Given the hours/currency you quote, it is even more difficult to see how your line AEF C2I QFI will afford the time (unless they're a ret'd Air Rank still on the Queen's shilling )

....and if that will maintain the stds of teaching, albeit in a reduced syllabus, i'll be highly surprised. No offence to the AEF, but if you want to change a tyre, you don't use a flint axe (even a reconditioned one!).

Beags - we should still have QFIs at the EFTSs (50 or so) - but what of MFTS in a couple of year's time? Another total reshuffle that will doubtless beg the question "Why the '05 changes?".

Another fairly large question is what should be the prerequisites for the UAS QFI? He needs to be suitably self-supervising (B1+ ?) Yet young enough to pass on the true military ethos and enthusiasm and get stuck-in with all the AT/PDT.
The supervisory answer may be to spend 2yrs or so on an EFTS before transferring. But what pilot will want to go (at the 2yr pt where most beg only of a return to the front line) to teach little more than ccts at a glorified outdoor pursuits centre (fun though it may be )

Uncle G

Last edited by Uncle Ginsters; 24th Oct 2005 at 09:46.