PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2005, 08:34
ruma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The rotorhead guys performed wonderfully well over the weekend during the search and rescue operation on the illfated Bellview flight enroute to Abuja on saturday night. With regrets and sorrow in my heart i am still asking where was NAMA helicopter when we needed her most. The Super Puma belonging to Bristow was among the chopper that went to Kishi, Presidential Helicopter too was not left out of the search, Aero helicopter with that of NNPC was seen around. Even Caverton helicopters the youngest of them all was seen with two of theirs. Thanks to the Nigerian Police. They had to lunch the Abuja based chopper to assist the one in Lagos. The Navy too was there to help. It is high time the operating companies in the country should ask NAMA to hand over the search and rescue Helicopter to the civil operatos where quick response will be paramount in time of distress like these. Considering the close proximity of the crash site to the LAG VOR, the fixed wing guys should have reported the strange smoke to the tower. Once more on behalf of concerned citizen of this great country i say well done. May the souls of the departed ones rest in peace.