PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Unsafe ?? I don't think so
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2005, 05:54
Aloue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EI-CFC, that indeed is the case. But you are not "raining on my parade" at all. The difference is that in aviation people have responsibilities - in law, at a minimum - to behave in a certain way. There is a difference when people turn out to be unwilling/unable to deliver on those safety responsibilites due to the employment climate.

Do we really have to redo these subjects every few months? Is the point not that Ryanair stands accused of creating and perpetuating an environment in which:

(a) the individual carries the responsibility for behaving in a particular way,

(b) the operator sustains an environment in which the required behaviour is clearly not encouraged (putting it as softly as one can),

(c) by doing so a mismatch between "power to deliver" and "responsibility to delivery" is created,

(d) all of this takes place in an environment where, apparently, the ability to make a bone fide safety report to either the operator or licensing authority has, in the eyes of many/most flight crew, been undermined.

The fact that we can all identify practices and produce documents from other areas that are "worse" (some in the building industry come to mind) is not really the point. We know in the aviation industry what the obligations and responsibilities are - and we should be concerned and interested in what underlies a repeated failure to discharge those responsibilities. My reply to you is the same as it is to Sean, which is that your comment, however true, does not address this subject.

I say that the practices complained of by Sean are widespread, while he claims that it just never happens. Somebody is wrong here.