PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAC - Officially Broke
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2005, 02:10
St Elmos Fire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Only the good die young!!!!

Aha, at last. It seems that Darwin and GA are free from the snake like Irishman and his tyrany. Three cheers for us. WWWAAHHHOO

However, let the celebrations go no longer than a few months as there is still evil in our midst. The sun has not gone down fully on this adder, and previous posts were correct to imply that his iminant return to shaft and screw pilots in future business (ad)ventures is something to be wary of.

Another point of order that has also been touched upon, the fact that there are still others out there doing the exact same thing. The mention of Air Ngukurr struck me as a little odd. Perhaps an ajenda of someones as I thought they payed the award to pilots /reception and other staff (the flying freight shed manager dosn't seem to be going anywhere dispite many attempts to poach him by other companys, including old snake eyes himself). Perhaps their financial position is not great but the staff seem happy enough, and the new King Gee uniforms I must say, add that special "Territory" feel for the bandit passengers.

Not looking to start a fight here, just saying what I am see.

What I do see is another cocky upstart trying to establish a reputation of shafting pilots with promises of all maner of wonderful things, but not actually coming up with the goods. Perhaps AF is a more worthy target to vent the frustrations we all have built up after working in this industry. I hear nothing good from their employees about conditions and wages in the organisation. Perhaps I am wrong, anyone care to educate me more on this topic. Do they actually pay the award? Are they fulltime jobs? Are their staff happy there?

Like I say, it is great to see the changes in the old NAC hangar, but let us not be blinded to the fact that there will be another one just like %# somewhere in the pipework. The industry is far better off now that he is gone. It is however, important to keep it moving forward rather than to stagnate and allow another situation to develop where many pilots get bent over the 210 tailplane for the sake of feathering the owners nest so he can sleep comfortably there in the place that the two hookers were last seen alive.

SEF.