PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CSD Suspended for incorrectly demanding hotel upgrade!
Old 23rd Oct 2005, 22:00
Human Factor
Couldonlyaffordafiver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sarah,

I thought it was in the flight crews contract that they got a suite or a better room than what the cabin crew got anyway?????
Sadly not. All our agreement states is that we will be in quiet rooms away from lifts, vending areas, etc. BA choose the hotels then BALPA go to check them to make sure they meet the standards. If not, BALPA can veto the move. I presume BASSA does something similar. Otherwise, any upgrades must be no-cost to BA and done in the order posted above. Occasionally, someone lower down the food chain will get an upgrade (my record is the Presidential Suite!) but it's generally only when the hotels know the rooms won't be required by anyone paying the commercial rate.

Personally, I don't run around asking. So long as it's quiet and comfy (with an en-suite jacuzzi and butler ) I'm happy. If I get an upgrade, great but I don't spend much time in my room beyond sleeping - and the beds are the same anyway!

Hope to see you downroute sometime.

HF