PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA considers quitting shorthaul-BBC
View Single Post
Old 16th Dec 2001, 17:29
In trim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fluke,

I won't repeat what I've already said, and I'm definitely not saying CF was the best thing since sliced bread. However.....

Training....Are you suggesting CF training was substandard? Definitely not the case.

Look at BA's own surveys regarding cabin service and you will see where CF consistently scored!

And as far as other 'Quality' systems....CF had BASIS (The more advanced version than BA, I hasten to add), and SESMA was on the way....held up only by system/compatability issues within BA in trying to integrate with the Quick Access Recorders on the RJ.

I do agree there were issues with CF T+C's. However, BA shorthaul at LGW is not in a pretty state at the moment, whether you care to admit it or not.

Yes, there are many reasons for this, and I am not blaming flight crew T+C's as putting EOG into this state. However, if Rod does come along with a big knife (which I believe would have happened at LGW regardless of Sept. 11th), there will be many guys who would dearly wish to go back to the old CFE lifestyle in exchange for greater job security.