PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CSD Suspended for incorrectly demanding hotel upgrade!
Old 22nd Oct 2005, 17:44
Eddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Despite what I've said above about the hotels offering upgrades on a basis of their choosing, I do think that in terms of the BOOKED rooms we have, all crew should be given the same grade of accommodation.

As was so correctly pointed out above, the booking of a superior room grade for a Captain, for example, offers the indication to him by the company the he is above, superior to, more valuable -call it what you wish - than the rest of the crew.

While this may indeed be the case, I do believe this is also to blame for a severe lack of CRM that some of the company's Skipper posess.

I am pleased that they are in the minority, but some of the company's Skippers are very eliteist and high-and-mighty. Thing is though, the company encourages this by offering the higher room grade and also rest in First Class, for example.

I don't hold this against our captains - they have a fabulous union who works hard to get these "perks" for them - but one or two do need to realise that although they have a superior room, it doesn't really mean that they are a superior being, if you will.