PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ICAO Annex 6 Amendment Proposal Flt Ops Officer/Flęght Dispatchers
Old 22nd Oct 2005, 14:13
no sig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well if adopted as a standard that the UK accepts, then our aircrew colleagues would have little choice in the matter. BALPA would, I hope, support any move that enhances flight safety and improves the training standards of one of their closest working groups.

Just how this will pan out for ops salaries is another matter, but I suspect it would be like any other walk of life, some Companies pay more than others. In the States licenced flight dispatchers earn different saleries with different airlines, as do pilots for that matter. As I have been saying for sometime now, ops bods out there should be getting the ICAO flt ops officer licence/course under their belt in preparation for the above or any EASA changes. My take on this is that if you hold the ticket then you get the top dollar!

The proposal above works toward a clear definition of who is and who isn't exercising operational control, something Seaton Approach is right to point out as being an area that can be confusing.