PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UASs CUT
Thread: UASs CUT
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2005, 12:24
BEagle

Received 315 Likes on 114 Posts
Quite so, Ray.

I suspect that the 10 hour people (poor $ods) will end up hoarding their hours in an attempt to have some continuity. Nothing until after their summer term exams, then 10 hours, then the the 10 for the following year immediately afterwards before starting the following autumn term.... As for the final 10....

Are these 10 hour people supposed to do either air experience or 10 hours joy-riding? Or will they be allowed to do some of each?

Only that flying training conducted by a QFI or holder of a current civil FI Rating may be accredited; presumably the air experience joy-rides won't be recorded in the passenger's log book?

And incidentally, Roly, my question was phrased in a manner which others may wish to ask officially. I have been given conflicting accounts of what the 'flying training' will consist of; the CAA are aware of the fact that UAS flying has changed and until the emergent UAS syllabus has been studied, advice to NPLG will be to accredit only that UAS flying conducted prior to 21 Sep 05 pending further information. Hopefully this will all be resolved before the 2006 ANO amendment pertaining to the NPPL becomes law.

Last edited by BEagle; 22nd Oct 2005 at 12:36.