PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wx Avoidance
Thread: Wx Avoidance
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2005, 11:43
fly bhoy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry if this sounds a bit facetious but there is also the extreme outside chance that the controller involved could have had 20 years experience and been trained on the old style courses at the college and been a very talented controller, but just physically couldn't give any turns or climbs. I think that to instantly assume they were inexperienced and poorly trained is not only jumping to conclusions, but is downright condescending and insulting to the controller involved.

Diabolo

Not a terribly professional attitude. Thankfully not every pilot has your disregard for ATC and others safety. As has been mentioned previously, you are not the only aircraft in the sky and by casually picking your own headings you're putting yourself and the aircraft you've just pointed yourself at in danger. Believe it or not ATC don't deliberately try to send you through wx on purpose and if its possible to send you round it then i'm fairly certain the controller will do everything he/she can to help you. And given that part of our training is a met course (at least it used to be!!! Not sure anymore ) i'm sure VectorLine knows a fair bit about "bumpy clouds"!!!

FB