PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas passes baton to Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2005, 06:14
swh

Eidolon

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
If you are doing an A330 course in dec, you are taking someone elses job and that makes you a scab.
Few thoughts ...

1) - What does it make a person taking a A350, A340, A380, 787, or 777 course for QF ?

2) - What did it make QF A330 drivers when they did line flying with KA and others ?

3) - How many times have I read on here that QF drivers and cabin crew hate the A330 ?

4) - A330 Captains on $187-197/hr and F/O's on AUD$100-$130 / hr, I think that’s more than any other QF fleet apart from the 744.

5) - How many times have I heard they X flies for QF because X mum/dad works for QF and helped him get in, is nepotism taking some one else’s job ?

6) - How many times have I read on here that cadets are taking the job of more experienced pilots already working in the QF group ?

7) - Easterns, Sunnies, National Jet, Skywest or any other airlines pilot would consider that statement to be elitists b/s

8) - No comments of contract pilots and aircraft doing Qantas freight flying around with QF call signs.

9) - Not a peep from mainline when QF set up Jetstar Asia or Thai Air Cargo. QF now have another source for experienced international pilots.

10) - Management know that QF mainline is an easy target, many people in QF sill cannot get over the integration of domestic into international

11) - The pay and conditions rot started when international and domestic pilots within QF were too greedy to see that a unified pay deal was needed across the board years ago so management could used the internal domestic and international pay divide to start lowering conditions internally.

12) - If you cannot get your own internal backyard fixed and sort out the differences between domestic and international pilots, seniority lists and alike, bit rich to start looking over the fence.

13) – APIA is the minority pilot group in Australia, refusal years ago and more recently to let subsidiary airlines to join has made it a minority, minorities are easy targets to be quashed

14) – The people who will pay for this are the F/Os and S/Os, as Jetstar takes away more flying from QF mainline promotions will grind to a proverbial halt

15) – Hope the cockpit situational awareness is better than the industrial one.