PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas passes baton to Jetstar
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2005, 11:03
HI'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Until you arrogant pr*cks realise that they are not YOUR jobs, and that everyone is entitled to try and work, then you have no chance of beating the management at this game.
There isn't any arrogance attached to posters who consider jobs as "their jobs".
That is what they were led to believe was the case on their successful appointment to their position.

F/O's join, expecting to be promoted to Captain, if they can perform satisfactorily and keep their noses clean - don't they?

D.E. Captains join, expecting - or being told - that THEIR position is one they can expect to hold, if they do likewise - don't they?

Personally I don't see any groups of pilots actively "swimming around" looking to steal other pilots' jobs.
But to keep the incumbents on their toes, management like to give the impression that this IS the case.
And to put the cat amongst the pigeons, Dixon (and Oldmeadow) now try to set in place a scenario where pilots look as though they're ready, willing, and able to shaft their peers.

Those (pilots) with a modicum of foresight and sensibility will realise that by shafting their co-workers today, they are setting themselves up to be royally ramrodded tomorrow, using the same technique(s).

It's time to say "Enough is enough" - to put the "I, me, mine" aside, and realise that ALL of your tomorrows lie in the decisions you will make in the next few days.

Look at the history of Australian airlines - see where they went, and where they are, and WHY things are as they are.
Respect each other for what the other has achieved, and for what YOU hope to yourself.

"Ask not what your fellow pilot can do for you, but what you can do for him, because the wheel continues to turn."