PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Morale - Discuss!
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2005, 09:30
Almost_done

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In your world

Dear SS,

What is the weather like in your part of the world, humm, rose coloured clouds, birds chirping away in the hedgerows?

Blimey!

Get into the real life now and see what operations the troops in the RAF are supporting, see where we are being deployed and what units/squadrons are taking the brunt of the movements.

We do not have the luxury of the 110K size RAF anymore, or didn't you realise that? Thanks to many downsizing opportunities we are now heading to 41k. Surprisingly not of these personnel are either aircrew, technicians or Admin types. But this figure takes in ALL of the Serving personnel from CAS to the lowest Airman. including personnel who from no fault of their own are medically downgraded.

Take these personnel from the active list and that 41K reduces, so the 'fit' personnel are left shouldering the burden. How many Staff officers are flying or servicing A/C in Basra, kandahar or even in the falklands? Add this then that figure reduces even further.

Yes we ALL joined up and we knew the risks, hell I bet if you ask most of the current serving personnel if they have ever asked to go on operational tours I bet (1 doctor excluding) most will say yes, they knew (I know) the risks, willing to put their lifes on the line for their comrades, country and Queen.

The problem is that we are being asked to do more and more with less and less. if you wish to look up out of your half full pint pot you will see a Modern Fighting Force about to be brought down onto it's knees very soon.

The only time you will complain about what we are doing is when we are no longer able to do so, by then it will be too late, the ethos, moral and the experiance will have walked out through the door.

Then you will moan.

'If only we had listened to the people that were currently serving in the RAF we may have had one now!'

Act in haste repent in lesuire, is the motto of the day I feel.

/Rant off