PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reflect on this people, it is a very real threat.
Old 21st Jan 2002, 04:04
Woomera

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Reflect on this people, it is a very real threat.

An email I just received;

Dear Woomera,. . . .I have enjoyed PPrune for a number of years, and to date have remained in the silent majority.. . . .However, the quality of the posts on the post AIR NZ changes International Schedules, has prompted me to email you.. . . .I note the recent history of the demise of Ansett, and am acutely aware of the dramatic impact this has had on many Australian aviation professionals.. . . .Having said this some 3/4 of this particular posting bears no relevance at all to aviation. In addition at least one of the more vocal contributors is still on probation.. . . .Whilst not wishing to suggest a policy, it would appear relevant to require all postings to be specific to aviation issues. Reading the post already appears to have deterred a couple of those whom I would have considered the more reasoned contributors from the forum. The present trend would appear to be that Dunnunda will be left with a rump of bigoted contributors unable to accept the reasoned views of anyone else.Anyone else would be driven away by their inability to stomach the present quality of debate.. . . .That this might happen would be a loss both to those moderators who have contributed many hours of their personal time, and to aviation itself.. . . .Yours Sincerely. .

Thank you sir, my sentiments exactly, I must claim a little responsibility as I had thought a post on a change in Air NZ scheds should not have caused all that much trouble, so being busy elsewhere was not paying as close attention as perhaps I should.

We are all profesionals and presumably know how to stay on track within the normal navigational limits, if you can't then expect as they say, quaintly, in the US, you will be "violated".