PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA standard in USA?
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2005, 20:29
vincent_watts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha nice one Noggin

"there is no guarantee you will be any good after 3 weeks" but after 6 you are the next ice-man!

obviously using the radio is different to that in america, but that is an easy thing to get the hang of.

doing a ppl in 21 days is like any other licence. you get to licence issue standard in that time, and really start to learn once you are on your own and gaining experience after. I got my motorbike licence a year back, and looking back at that i had no idea how to ride when i past my test compared to now. same with flying.

when you learn to fly in 21 days you never have that refresher part of the lesson where you go over what you did earlier, as it's still fresh in your head. Probably why most people in the UK take 60 hours (which isnt true anyway!) they spend that extra time going over stuff they did in a lesson weeks back! a bit of a waste to me.

you are either made to fly or not, it makes no difference if you are in USA or UK, as long as the examiner is good you'll be as good as you can be.