PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Or Old Pension Scheme???
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2005, 17:56
DP Harvey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was recently speaking to a WO in the ground trades, aged late 40's, due to leave at Age 55. Like us all, he knows that the new pension at Age 55 is significantly better than the old one. Nevertheless he says its a very difficult decision. He's not happy with the way that the Government is manipulating the Armed Forces and he, quite understandably, doesn't want to commit himself to age 55 just to get a larger pension while selling his sole. He would like to be able to maintain a flexible response to everything that might happen to him in the next few years, which will include the PVR option. Of course, that would mean that he has to reject the new scheme. He says, after 30 years of loyal and enjoyable service, that its so close he could almost taste it, but there are also quite a few years of being disproportionately pi$$ed about ahead. I don't envy his decision. I'm PA and only a few years away from 55. I sent back my acceptance letter and the next day I and 11 others were chosen from a cast of 12 to be dicked about in CS95 from dawn to dusk. Yep, my sole was sold so easily :-(