PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OK Mac fans, here's your chance
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2005, 12:39
Binoculars

Just Binos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks, Drauk, I was wondering about the Mac Mini. It's a little difficult on first glance to see what it lacks that the iMac has, but I'll certainly be chasing up on that. I'm particularly ignorant on the whole wireless concept and need to read up on Wireless for dummies before making any decision. Gee that inbuilt webcam on the latest iMac is a gimmick and a half, isn't it?

I'll be using the borrowed iMac only to get a handle on the Mac way of doing everyday tasks, since I've never so much as sat in front of one. I know the G5 will be considerably upmarket.

Office? Look, to be quite honest, Word accounts for 90% of my requirements. I keep a few very basic spreadsheets on financial matters going back ten or twelve years, but if the truth be known AppleWorks would be more than adequate for them by a factor of about 100. Similarly for any database I might need to start. It's just all those thousands of Word files of mine, Mrs B's and all the Binoettes' school assignments etc. What is Pages? Is that on Office for Mac or on AppleWorks?