PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways Salary ???
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2005, 20:31
aerogull

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Golconda,

I don't think all the airlines require $50000-$60000 up front for the type rating. Some have a system whereby they take it out of your salary. Initially you might have to pay a smaller amount (like Rs. 5-7 lakhs in terms of a guarantee) which would be reimbursed after 5-7 years. The remaining amount is taken out of your salary over a period of, lets say with Indian Airlines for example, 120 months (monthly deductions).

Secondly, I believe, a lot has to do with experience levels as well. Having 200 hours piston time as opposed to someone with 3000 hours and lots of multi engine and or turboprop/jet time would make a difference (correct me if I am wrong folks)...it then boils down to you coming up with your own "personalized" contract with the company. I am not saying that this would eliminate the "payment" problem entirely, but it would certainly give you more options in terms of how that "payment" is executed.

If anyone has opinions or facts contrary to what I have mentioned, please contribute. I would like to hear your end of the story.

Cheers and all the best!

aero