PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OK Mac fans, here's your chance
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2005, 16:30
WeatherJinx
Bringer of Wx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ORAC
Both of the latest iMacs have Airport Extreme (Wireless 802.11g) and Bluetooth 2.0 built in, so no need to add these to an order build any more.

Binos
The included AppleWorks 6 will work with Word files but they will lose formatting when opened. Once worked on, they can be saved as Word documents if required.

This is a satisfactory arrangement for some people, but I'd go for MS Office if you can. Micro$oft's Mac software is of a high standard and compatibility with PC versions of Office is pretty much seamless.

Cross-platform networking is pretty easy to set up in either direction. I'm currently running a 2 Ghz G5 iMac and a Dell Latitude X300* laptop running XP Pro side by side, with fast reciprocal links over a wireless network. They also share the same broadband connection via a wireless router with no issues.

Saab D
Now she has bought a Wintel laptop. Why? Because it was impossible to get the software she needed for the MAC.
What was your cuz trying to do? It must have been a real niche product she required. There are heaps and heaps of Mac programs for almost every application you can think of.

The only area where it's generally acknowledged that the Mac is lacking is games, although this is set to change with the Intel move. I'm not really a gamer so this doesn't affect me.

Jx
*Yes... even Macistas have to use them sometimes!

Last edited by WeatherJinx; 19th Oct 2005 at 17:11.