PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair loses court challenge to Labour Court enquiry
Old 19th Oct 2005, 11:47
minuteman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking The clock is ticking...

I'm not worried that our friendly line captain Leo H-C hasn't appeared. FR will only put out a spin when they want to, and we will all be here tearing it to shreds. So I'm not that fussed.

The issue of censorship: this is only the very same moves that FR put on the REPA website, and those that host it. I have sympathy for Danny who has been so obviously constrained by legal moves put upon him, and who probably doesn't have massive financial reserves in order to fight a legal case against MOL and his crowd.

It cannot be stressed enough the fact that these legal moves against PPRuNe speak volumes in themselves. Those who delude themselves into believing that at present FR is at best, a benign employer, take heed. This company wishes to stifle public debate on an internet forum against a very public ruling that went 100% against them.

These court actions have been a distraction from the main item. The blocks MOL has continued to put in IALPA's way have been removed one by one. MOL has yet to see a success in the Irish Courts against IALPA. It all adds up to the fact that he is scared of being in front of the Labour Court where all the SCs you can drag up make not a jot of difference. Unfortunately, MOL will find himself in an arena where he has to participate in an entity foreign to him: industrial relations.

What must be commended here is not just the work of IALPA and their team, but the spirit of the DUB pilots. Throughout a long summer, they have stuck it out and are now seeing the results they deserve. Keep it up guys!