PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS discussions (All Bases) - Merged
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2005, 10:59
speedbirdhouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The following is an excerpt from a recent Financial Times article by their resident columist Tyler Brule.

Enjoy...........not.

Quote-

"Halfway around the world and back and increasingly confused.

........its now somewhere between Wednesday and Thursday and I believe I'm on the QF1 to London. The reason I'm unsure is that there's barely an Australian crew member in sight.
The back of the plane seems to be manned by Thai crew and First and Business by English flight attendants.
The experience doesn't feel very Qantas- more a set of disconnected people working on a 747-400 that's the flag carrier for a country they have no relationship with.
No doubt there are some short term cost savings, but for me, who's been around the world in a week, i'd like to know exactly where I am and who I'm flying with.
Qantas's finance department might be seeing an upside, but I'm only seeing brand erosion."

End quote.

Interesting, if VERY sad to see that the broader community are beginning to cotton on the the fact that the trough feeding scum running this company are selling 85 years of history, goodwill and heritage in an effort to line their own pockets.