PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unusual aviation jobs.
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2001, 12:15
FullScale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Goodness me, there really are some great stories going on here! This is a great thread and hopefully one that everyone can contribute too. Would be wonderful to have a few beers with most of you to get the full effect of such experiences.

I once had to fly 600kg of frozen lamb into Mungindi during floods, enjoyed the looks of appreciation from locals.

Plenty of body runs in the NT, one that remains etched is carrying a coffin of dimensions not much bigger than a shoe box containing a 3 day old. Very emotional greeting at GTE.

Also once flew a footballer and 5 of his friends to Hamilton Island in a Chieftain. He was apprehensive and rude enroute.
About an hour into the flight he apologized to me and explained that he had once given a seat to his best mate from his football club
that ended so horribly one rainy night in Launceston in a Chieftain. He also explained that he buried 3 of his closest friends that week. Needless to say his gruffness was excused.

From memory and Im sure this is pretty close, my record for a 210...8 POB, 3 pups, 5 kittens, 1 Bag of dugong meat, 1 stingray, 1 Stereo, 1TV, about 4 indigenous samsonites (the stripey colorful bags) Assorted hunting and ceremony spears and a guitar! Yoo dont forget my giiitaaar hey.