PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unusual aviation jobs.
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2001, 13:00
CatTower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skin Chim, similar story to yours.

Charter to a community 25mins away. Picked up 5 young locals and took $350.00 off them for the ride to Broome. After arriving at Broome they asked me the latest they could go back to which I replied about an hour. About 20mins later they showed up at the office and handed over another $350.00 to go back to the community. We loaded two blocks (slabs for you eastern staters) and a few packets of chips on to the aircraft and flew back. I asked them what they were doing. They went to Broome to buy some stuff for there mates 21st. Don't know about you guys but when I was young I wouldn't have thought twice about spending $700.00 to fly to the shops for just a few things.

Speaking off stiffs. Had a mate who got a phone call at 0430 in the morning to go and pick up a stiff from another community. They have rules that the body has to go within 8hrs or its cursed. By the time he got there the body was about 7 1/2 hrs old and been sitting outside during the wetseason in the humidity. He came back relatively high so on descent the worst smelling gases you can imagine started soming out of it.He had never felt so sick before in his life. From then on he learnt to fly home at 500'.