PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe Management Reshuffle.
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2005, 11:55
Raw Data

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Couple of silly things here.

jonni

There is no recruitment on the 146 for contract pilots. If you don't believe me, try calling around the contract companies and see if anyone is recruiting for flybe - nobody is. If you believe differently, by all means name the contract company being used.

I was offered a Q400 position as that is where the shortages are. However, I have no desire to get involved in bonds (at the moment), so I declined.

Flying Fiona

You know so little, it is almost comical.

If you really believe that investors place a lot of stock in pilot turnover, you don't know much about running a business either.

You are probably also not aware that many companies (in and out of aviation) are quite happy with high staff turnover. In many cases, it actually lowers costs - mainly the social costs involved in employing staff.

Pilots leaving "before they have started" says nothing at all about flybe, and quite a lot about the industry in general.

Now I imagine you will need to pull another sickie to think about all that. Guess somebody will be getting called off standby tommorrow...