PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why does everything take so long
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2005, 09:28
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why does everything take so long

The talk of a realistic PPL / IR has been going on here for as long as I can remember. It has extremely important safety implications. In my opinion the authorities may well be negligent by effectively preventing private pilots gaining the necessary qualifications to operate safely in Europe given the type of weather we enjoy! (Discuss?)

Four of five months ago there was an announcement in Pilot that AOPA were in discussions with the CAA. I wrote to them some while later asking them what the outcome had been. I still have not received a reply.

In "Loop" further recent discussions were reported with EASA(?) and it was suggested the matter was under consideration.

Well it has been under consideration by the authorities for as long as I can remember whilst in fact over the last ten years it has become more difficult to get the rating not less. It is pathetic. If we ran a business that way it would have gone bust years ago. Why do we allow our regulatory authority to be so hopelessly ineffective?

Last edited by Fuji Abound; 18th Oct 2005 at 09:45.