PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Zealand - Training Schools and Job Prospects
Old 18th Oct 2005, 03:08
rotorboy53

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All my information is 100% correct as i have been involved in the NZ aviation industry for over 10 years, and know a number of former Helipro pilots. Did you forget about the two robbies you lost on FLIGHT TRAINING (depending on your definition of flight training of course).It doesn't matter how many helicopters you own, a safety record speaks for itself. I suggest you dig a little deeper in your accident research as you a missing a few facts, or try asking the used car sales man for the truth. Try www.caa.co.nz.
Fortunitly Helipro has cleaned up there act over the last few years. There are just a few more bad eggs to throw out of the basket-especially in the management, which is where the safetly culture should begin.
This is not an attack at the New Zealand aviation industry as it has grown greatly in both its safety and quality. The introduction of tamper proof hobbs meters in all machines should complete this clean up of the industry.
Recievingover, you obviously work for Helipro so i understand your issues. One day when you are working in the real world flying someone elses machine, then you will understand.
Best of luck those looking at this thread for flight training, don't be caught up in the hype of how big a company is, go with someone you can trust and is respected. This will be your best bet for your aviation career.