PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASL exam delivery
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2002, 07:07
Tooheys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

deckchair . .. .that schits me big time , how do personalities like that come about ?. .. .I hope CASA hear about this persons behaviour and give him a right bumming.. .. .we used to have yellow? comment sheets when I did mine , intended for conveying any (constructive) comments/messages to the exam administrators in canbera , who by the way , are a fairly understanding bunch and would no doubt act on a flood of comments from one sitting directed at the supervisor.. .. .I still dont know why we went down this expensive path with individual terminals and online marking when existing paper exams (if you analyse the probable cost) were just as secure and cheaper - ie- at closing date print number of papers needed and courier to local area office for delivery on the morning and collection by scheduled courier on completion for return to canberra - even if answer papers were scanned and marked online with candidates waiting outside for printed result slips , even that would be cheaper and no less secure.. .. .outsourcing has its merits but not when it creates an entire industry from what was once a small office in canberra - with the end user (taxpayer/customer/student..etc) picking up the 500% increase in costs.