PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do BA Cabin Crew pull their weight?
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2005, 15:47
keeperboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Petitfromage, I think Cathay Pacific is a FANTASTIC airline to fly with and great in-flight service. I flew them only three weeks ago BNE-HKG and was blown away. I was sat down the back and the crew actively come into the cabin and show you to your seat. Two hot meals on an 8 hour flight! WOW. I just wish we had the same resources to work with. My only complaint service wise was that the male Cabin manager was not seen the entire flight. Wasn't at the door to greet pax or farewell them. Never walked to the back of the aircraft once. And not only good service but fantastic safety as well. I remember years ago being told to switch my discman off as they were not permitted onbord CX.

But I think Cathay is in a class of its own and could be favourably compared to any airline in the world.

Alas, this thread isn't about comparing BA to Cathay, it is about BA cabin crew not pulling their weight. Which in my opinion is an un-fair generalised statement to make.

I recently flew with a collegue that had came to BA from the ANA LHR base. I couldn't believe what he was telling me!

The cabin crew will not deal with any issues that involve confrontation. He tells me of times when a First or Club ANA passenger would repeatedly have a crafty fag in the toilet, yet the crew (100% female until the LHR base opened and NH were advised of sex discrimination laws) do not dare confront the passenger. If a passenger in Club Class sat at an exit row doesn't want to place their bag in the overhead locker they are not forced to. They WILL NOT be seen to make a japanese passenger 'lose face'.

This is some peoples advice of great customer service unfortunately.

I know that these comments are only heresay.

But for any of you who have ever flown some of the far eastern carriers (myself included), if you remember back to your flight I am sure you could picture the above incidents happening without reprisal.

Last edited by keeperboy; 17th Oct 2005 at 16:07.