PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2005, 15:43
etienne t boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ruma,

I think you'll find that the Helicopter Service AS350 is sitting in the Caverton hangar - 2 off them sitting there doing nothing. Caveton's new heliport is now lit like a pretty Christmas tree at night - wonder if they'll have anything fly in there before Christmas I hear that one or two more Nigerian pilots may be defecting to them from Aero soon - more money and no flying. I also heard that they're sending their Dauphin back to Portugal soon - are they falling out with Heliportugal over this take-over that MM mentioned?

The new CHC man is now on seat in Port Harcourt, so it will be interesting to see if he's able to do anything to keep on the angry Nigerian pilots. One has already joined Pan African, with possibly another 2 or 3 on the verge of going there.

I haven't heard too many problems with the housing at Areta now - except it's in short supply. Some of the CHC directors stayed there when they came.

As for S76C+ - it looks as if all the operators are getting more. OLOG has got 35 on order anyway, so some will surely come to NIgeria, Pan African is getting at least one (it's OLOG anyway) and Aero are supposedly getting another one in next week.

What's the story behind Fred's resignation from Bristow as MD? Is he really going this time?