PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do BA Cabin Crew pull their weight?
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2005, 14:19
keeperboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tell you what, fly with a far eastern carrier when you have thirty larger louts getting drunk in the cabin and see how great they handle the situation.

Want to crack a joke or have one cracked to you? Forget it. Appreciate a dry sense of humour, or dare I say it conversation? Forget it.

My point is, everyone wants a different style of service on board. As far as I am concerned, the best type of cabin crew is one that can be the pure robotic professional with the passenger in the 'A' seat, crack a joke with the passenger in the 'B' seat, have a conversation with the lady waiting for the loo in the galley. Muck around with the mothers kids at row 54. Not just the 'go through the motions' robots of SIA etc.

BA has some appalling cabin crew. I'm not going to dispute that.

Lets throw some airlines into the fray:

United, American, Continental, Delta.

Qantas, Air NZ.

Varig Aerolineas Argentinas, Avianca.

Virgin, bmi, Mytravel.

Air France, KLM, Lufthansa, Swiss, Olympic

Egyptair, Royal Air Maroc, SAA.

Malaysia, Cathay, Air China, EVA, Garuda.

My point is, for every single one of these airlines there will be one person that has nothing but praise for their crew and service style, and another that can't stand them.

That's the fantastic thing about living in a free market economy, we can pick and choose who supplies our goods and services depending on what we like.

Now i'm sure that if this site was based in the US, American would be the 'BA' of pprune.com, the biggest airline, the most travelled....and most whinged about. In Australasia it would be Qantas. On the continent Lufthansa, Air France and KLM.

Last edited by keeperboy; 17th Oct 2005 at 15:40.