PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interview stuff
Thread: Interview stuff
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2005, 13:28
Ropey Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ans:
I was asked if i managed to find the interview building ok. Then asked how the traffic was, what route I took, then once lured into taking this as exchanging pleasntries was asked if at any time on the 200 mile journey I broke the speed limit!
tricky: are they looking for integrity (I'm pretty sure they will assume you have but are you going to lie about it and if you do, what else are you lying about?) or just to follow with: "well we have established that you are willing to break the law - but how far will you go?"

Ans: NEVER comprimise safety

Another on the same lines:

Airline CEO is on board with v. important pax etc (basically a/c WILL depart on time or else huge consequences) and with 10 mins to push you realise you have forotten yout licence/passport. What do you do?

Ans: personally would bend rules to avoid airline losing huge amounts of money as long as SAFETY IS NOT AFFECTED (see a pattern?). Get company to fax copy of lic to far end in case of ramp check - play dumb if caught at destination etc.

I'm sure many would have different opinions but IMHO this is to see if you are willing to stick your neck out for the company.

Q: Biggest mistake you have ever made

A: Don't talk about the time you bust minima and realised that the lights you were aiming for were on the apron - you could talk yoursef out of a job with this qu alone! Try and avoid flying - Ieg bought a dodgy car without getting it inspected. Likely to be followed with now give me an example from your flying career! Make sure it was not stupidity and also that you learned something from it and won't do it again!

Q: A time you had conflict in the cockpit

A: Make sure you acted calmly and discussed the problem then you both had a pint after!

Q: Tell me a joke

A: Have one up your sleeve! Make sure it does not put ANY group down! (Essex girls/Irish/Blond(e)s etc). Also make it short- helps if it is funny too, but probably the least important attribute of those listed here.