PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do BA Cabin Crew pull their weight?
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2005, 12:40
nivsy

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Quite, and i agree with previous Wyhler post. I for one do not want to knock BA...but its regular experience that dictates this. Indeed, there was a time when away abroad on business you felt an element of pride to be returning back to the UK with your "home carrier" after enduring sometimes intensive business meetings abroad. Now, quite often, as a matter of preference, one tends to check the prices/availablility of THAT countries carrier, and dare i say it incentives for travel rather than that of BA. The sceptics amongst us could easily interpret the posts of the "BA Cabin Crew" in this forum as " typical as they are when actually on the job"....meaning "we are right - and you are wrong"...no questions asked!. As for quantity/quality of services etc as "voted" - I think all of us involved in business know its not that difficult to provide figures that can show us all in a good light - as well ofcourse as in a bad light. Its not just long haul. Short haul also has (in my opinion) fundamental flaws in respect of service - and no matter what any of BA crew think - I as a passenger have more choice than ever before and am bound to use that choice for the provision of a service that suites ME! You may realise this too late when perhaps BA simply pull out out of routes (and i know this happening) and therefore jobs may be lost in the industry.