PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sun Express News
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2005, 18:40
sun737pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
INNSBRUCK NEAR DISASTER REPORT:

Capt S.Oz...u was the Captain, a guy with big big personal problems and the FO Irfan the LION, a well below average pilot, as you mentioned promoted to captain meanwhile, maybe our future TRE capt.

I heard this near accident from Irfan the Lion. They survived by just only a few hundred feet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In innsbruck the approach is LOC approach which you fly in approach mode up to the MDA and then continue visual.The weather wasnt that bad, but a few clouds just over the MDA.
So the overconfident Capt decided to circumnavigate the clouds and fly a visual approach, in half IMC conditions!!!
Finally they ended up in full IMC at the MDA. What shall we do now.GOD help Us.
The normal procedure for INN is to fly on the LOC till MDA and than visuall. In case of go around on a track to ??? miles and than right turn back to VOR/NDB. But in this case they were lost and made the inital turn a few miles before the Published GA point. During the turn they got the whole EGPWS .with whoop whoop pull up terrna for a long long time.

And finally i think the punishment method is inappropriate. The safety team should investigate and find solutions how to make these kind of approaches safer. Change of Training etc etc. Pls dont understand me wrong, this of course is not valid for Sun Express because there is no SAFETY.

Or do you really think that Mr. Flightdirector Kamil is professional enough to fullfill his duties, I cant say captain to him, Sorry.