PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair loses court challenge to Labour Court enquiry
Old 16th Oct 2005, 17:43
GGV

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Faire d'income has a good point about media coverage, but it equally has to be said that there is a great sentence in yesterday's Irish Times:
“ Yesterday's verdict amounted to a pummelling, with Mr Justice Michael Hanna finding against the airline on all counts and ordering it to pick up the tab for the case. ”
That being said, I have to say I am most uneasy about the whiff of censorship here. I believe that the removal of quite innocuous comments is just going too far. Notwithstanding Danny's points, the real issue is that a public transportation company, with a controversial reputation, repeatedly manages to suppress what are, in effect, warnings about its behaviour in a range of different areas.

It is considered obvious by many, including myself, that some contributors here are Ryanair management types, who can normally be spotted at 50 paces. To call one of those - specifically Leo Hairy Camel - forth to give his response to the High Court "pummelling" is reasonable. Such posts should not have been removed from the site. I support Danny, but not this type of decision, which is excessive and unreasonable. It makes me fear for the free expression of opinion on what is, in effect, the LAST public site that has not suppressed by Ryanair.