PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Focus Air
Thread: Focus Air
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2005, 13:57
blackbaron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Total BS. Focus is a startup carrier operating less than 90 days and of course in its short life there will be issues especially in regards to sked but I can assure you that anyone who is flying there is flying heavy and not being "short scheduled" as pointed in the previous post, Focus has a two month 120hr guarantee. As far as guys and girls leaving as fast as they can train, Focus lost some Atlas/Polar furloughee's/firees during the strike fiasco and it was questionable whether they should have been hired until that debacle was over. Focus showed those guys and girls something that their former carrier didnt as they were shown the door, a committment to them and their families, and Focus did not ask them to resign their seniority numbers which bit them, some went back (NOT ALL) when the catfight was over. Focus will evolve from a paper concept to an operational mindset as things become either practical or impractical from their business plan as they build an operational learning curve, thus things will change and hopefully become better. For those applying remember Focus is a startup carrier not FEDEX nor are any of the other NON SKED's but its an airline without ego like some of the others and they are trying to put together a good product with good people which will take experience and time. I am not here trying to sell Focus but merely give the true insight into working for a startup and disparge the untruths which I am sure that anyone who has been there know's how it can be, (lots of hard work and little reward) but the future is bright, lots of growth and they have a fat checkbook.

THE TRUTH

Last edited by blackbaron; 16th Oct 2005 at 15:39.