PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAS/Braathens piloter
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2005, 20:39
Ramrise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post all righty then...

My dear Wiskey,

your last comment is assinine at best. While it is true it also is very far from describing the situation accurately. It describes SAS pilots as greedy bastards who continue to rake in the money while others have to go.

Well, in order for some to get 100% LoA it was necessary to be somewhat flexible. Because when some take a 100% LoA another gets to stay. Understand that?? We also have several types which complicates the LoA situation as we cannot afford to lose too many on any one type. It is alot easier when you only operate 737's. There are sometimes good reasons behind what looks like it a 'strange scenario'.

We did take 348 lay-offs. SAS wanted to make a point and they did. BU pilots were spared for purely political reasons which, poetically enough, has come to bite SAS in the a$$. If it does come to 'overtallighed' I believe that the 75% duty instead of being laid off, only applies to SAS pilots. That would put the youngest BU pilots on the street WITHOUT any chance of ever joining the kombilist. Has this been explained to them? The smart move for these guys would be to leave SBF and join NSF and kombilisten. At least there they have a future. SBF doesn't after march 31. 2006. From that day SAS will only negotiate with us. Why? Well, we will make them. Trust me.

Hotel Charlie again brings up his solution. The complete reshuffeling of the list. As tempting as that seems, IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. The membership will never buy it and neither will SAS. It is a logistical nightmare in addition to being extremely expensive. Even if it is planned to take say, 5 years it will still cost the same. Spreading out the cost doesn't make it less, it just seems more acceptable. But, this solution follows in the footsteps of typical management solutions. It it designed to buy peace at a huge cost, and will never work.

The LIN deal was not bad deal. It was just very badly managed. Most of the LIN pilots I have flown with and met have accecpted it and moved on. Even the demoted ones, by far most of them, live normal lives. A small minority continues to 'beetch' and they will do this until they die. There are always some, always. And Hotel Charlie, the LIN deal wasn't forced. It was accepted by the group of pilots at LIN.

Referring to done deals is a waste of time. The only thing that counts now is the future. Your reliance on norwegian law has been heavy so far and I hope that the law can carry you as far as that high priced lawyer of yours have told you. If not you are in trouble.

At some point you cannot hide behind the law anymore, someone is going to test you and the law.

And by the way, Empati, I am very comfortable with the info our union provides.

Regards,

Ramrise