PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spadeadam
Thread: Spadeadam
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2005, 20:32
skyviews

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a note on above comment with regards to active DA. There is a freq for spade DA on chart. i would advise always calling them first before new or Carlisle. Why?

This friday transiting from york to scotland cleared by NEW after they had spoken to spade to cross at fl45. then passed to carlisle for FIS, half way through DA saw to jets 1/2 mile to right heading my way, a little un-nerving, then came the call to contact spade

"G-xxxx, any reason your in the middle of my DA ?"

" Yes sir you cleared me on trk, passed via NEW RAD"

"Standby"

2 mins later

" Seems NEW got wrong end of the stick, you werent cleared"

"Well sir can't do much about that"

" G-xxxx two tornados left 2 o'clock , cleared on route"

My point it was all very polite and friendly, but could have been potentially dangerous, mis-understanding on NEWs side sent me bimbling into active DA, yes I know they are active week days, but very often if nothing to affect you get a range crossing.

The lesson learnt always talk to the range controller, they are the only one to really know if its Hot or Cold.

Speedtape why an arse? Another expert pilot in the field of which he obviously has no concept of or the balls to do!

A proper job would be one in IT, where 50% of the work force havent a clue what they are doing and blagg there way. Before you question my exp in this field I have plenty.

Ps what makes you think your house is nice enough to take a picture of??