PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Online GPS track log viewer
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2005, 17:32
Dave Morrissey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Online GPS track log viewer

A while ago I posted a message about a flight planning site I'd built. I got a great response here, so following a suggestion from a user, I've added a new feature - a GPS track log viewer.

Plain text files exported from Garmin GPS units can be uploaded to the site and the track will be overlaid on a map. Graphs of altitude and groundspeed are also shown. By linking a track log with a route plan, you can see them side by side.

If you have Google Earth, you can add a network link to your goFLYING profile, so track logs and route plans will be shown on a 3D map.

Most of this functionality is available elsewhere, so I've also added the ability to share track logs and plans with friends. By marking one or more of your files "shared", you can let other people see them on the site or in Google Earth. Only you can edit or delete them.

Site homepage

Examples:

2D map and graphs
Demo KML file (Add this as a network link in Google Earth)
User homepage

It's very early days for this feature - I've tested it with all the available track logs but I don't know for sure that it will work for everyone - so I'd be very grateful for any ideas for improvements. I hope some people will find it useful!

Dave