PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NO, NO, NO. Little Jonnie
View Single Post
Old 15th Sep 2001, 19:35
Andu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems to me John Howard could win himself a sh-one-tee load of votes come December if he impounded a couple of ANZ aircraft next time they alight on Oz shores and held them until all staff benefits were paid. (Please, Mr Howard, don’t impose another bloody tax and have the hapless Oz taxpayer bail these ‘foreign devils’ out of their obligations.)

And if the Kiwis retaliate and ban Oz aircraft from NZ skies? Seems to me the only person who’d find that a problem would be the lady who signs the dole cheques at the Bondi CES – her job might be at risk if there were no more Kiwis coming our way.

If Australia – and that means John Howard in this case – allows ANZ to get away with what appears to have been blatant debt transfer and asset stripping of AN over the last few months, (I know, only following the grand tradition of its previous owners since 1979), we’ve lost all credibility. That’s if we’ve had any since 1972 when Goof debased Australian citizenship by giving it away to anyone five minutes after they arrived in the country who looked like they might vote Labor.