PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 15th Oct 2005, 08:19
ruma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tokunbo,
Thanks for confirming the rumour that was posted to my box. I have not shown my intention yet to work for aero. Maybe in the nearest future. Where else can they repair a ruptured fuel tank if not not in Vancouver? Maybe the manufacturer, Sikorsky will be flown to Port to do the repairs. Thank God Novotel Hotel is close to NAF base. The repair team can not stay in Areta anyway with the report of last audit did by CHC on staff comfort.

For now Sikorsky C+ is the only cheap and efficient machine that can cope with the long distance/payload for the drilliing operations going on in Nigeria now. So do not blame Pan African Airlines. Otherwise they will loose their valued contract to Aero or whosoever cares to bring in Sikorsky. Pan is fighting tooth and nail to get back the one Aero snatched from them when they had the last accident with the 412.

You might be right Toks, Wale's pressence in Aero is becoming too familiar. We are waiting to see the outcome. The last time i saw him, he was complaining of his separation benefits from Aero. Maybe Aero too is planning a waiting game! That is the only way to ground Caverton if they can take him back. I have not seen Caverton's 350 fly since her arrival into the country!

Anyone seen the Helicopter Service 350? Maybe back to the states after the Incident on the ramp? Aero is the only approved station in Nigeria as of now, Maybe in Aero facilities? I am waiting.

Toks, What was the outcome of the safety meeting of the Niger Delta operators meeting held in Aero premises during the week? You may pm me on this.